Beta Version 2.0 (LDev35) - RELEASE CANDIDATE
Page updated – 11 December 2012
This latest Version of Revoice Pro 2 is a final release candicate.
Based on your feedback, we’ve made many improvements, made operations faster and easier, and improved the processing capabilities and quality.
- We would be grateful if you try this version and let us know if you find or even do NOT find any problems.
- The upgrade to Version 2 is free for owners of Verison 1.
- Note: This version uses the same iLok licenses as previous versions.
- A New User Guide for Version 2.0 is now available both online and in the current release Help System
Existing Revoice Pro Users
Please look at the list of Major New Features below before you try the program.
New Revoice Pro Users
Please first look through the New User Guide and/or watch the current Tutorial Videos.
Then read Major New Features below.
Major New Features
|New AU and VST3 Link plug-ins
||Transfers multiple tracks of audio from DAW to Revoice Pro
||Better at aligning a Dub to a Guide, when Guide or Dub contain gaps of silence. Higher quality output.
|Manually adjust Time and Pitch
||Modify APT output signals – with exceptional high quality.
||Easier and faster to use
Tutorial videos describing the features added in Revoice Pro V2:
(Click the video names below to view videos)
- Automatic track naming from first dragged-in audio file names
- New Track Control Panel features – solo, mute, expand, and drag track to duplicate
- New Track display controls for Audio, Energy and Pitch signals
- Align multiple short blocks of Dub audio to the Guide with longer APT processes
- Duplicate Processes by dragging a Process Control Block
- Detect when and where an audio overlap occurs in a Track
- Manually manipulate time and pitch of APT output audio in Revoice Pro, with exceptional high quality
- Create Harmony part Guide Tracks with corrected pitch and time aligned to lead vocal
- Transfer multiple tracks of audio from DAWs to Revoice Pro with AU (and VST3) Link plug-ins*
- Spot Audio processed in Revoice Pro back to DAWS using a simple drag and drop.
* The VST3 plug-in (not shown in this video) operates in exactly the same way as the AU version, except:
a) It does not require setting a Revoice Pro session offset
b) When you drag files from Revoice Pro to Cubase or Nuendo, select the option to copy files to your working directory.
Download ReVoice Pro Beta
This program requires an Intel Mac with OS X 10.5 or higher.
A new User Guide is contained in the Help system.
Click the button below to go to download.
Additional Topics Index
What's New In Release [V2.0 (35)]
- Fix for opening large sessions.
What's New In Release [V2.0 (34)]
- Smoothing between pitch groups.
- New Manual
- Bug Fixes.
Previous Release History
What's New In Release [V2.0 (33)]
What's New In Release [V2.0 (32)]
- Automatic grouping of gain level points.
- Keyboard APT Commands [alt] + a,s,d,f,g and e solos and mutes tracks of selected APT - all other tracks are not effected.
What's New In Release [V2.0 (29)]
- New gain level editing - allows better matching and editing of the signal levels.
What's New In Release [V2.0 (28)]
- Delete audio now on delete Key not cmd + delete
- Process Lock in APT. Prevents changes which may invalidate the manual pitch/time edits. Locks the process input areas and APT transfer parameters.
- New target pitch time edit control points allows control of pitch and time when no signal is in the guide but a signal is in the dub.
- Non-pitched signal display in pitch graphs.
What's New In Release [V2.0 (25)]
- Undo for pitch and level group and paste operations.
- Vertical auto scroll of tracks when dragging - tracks, audio or process i/o
- Mouse Scroll wheel action - if mouse is over track audio area scroll wheel modifies the Y scale offset for the track. If mouse outside audio area modifies tracks offset slider.
- Bug in Logic 9 and Revoice Pro Audio Unit Link module. Audio files are being created at 44100 not the sample rate of the session. Fixed.
What's New In Release [V2.0 (24)]
- Copy and paste of pitch and level control points.
- Alt + Shift - always selects audio when clicking on track with mouse. This allow audio to be dragged from the track without having to select audio mode.
What's New In Release [V2.0 (23)]
- Problem reading and writing audio files when running in 64 bit mode. - Fixed
What's New In Release [V2.0 (22)]
- Horizontal and vertical locking for pitch editor.
What's New In Release [V2.0 (21)]
- Playback range error fixed.
- Reset pitch points error fixed.
What's New In Release [V2.0 (20)]
- Error messages now include the name of the process that created the error.
What's New In Release [V2.0 (19)]
- Works with Mac Book Pro Retina displays
- Full Screen mode available if using OS X 10.7 or later.
What's New In Release [V2.0 (17)]
- Showing the panel for an unselected process would cause a crash.
- Pitch groups enabled.
What's New In Release [V2.0 (16)]
- Fixes to drag and drop with Cubase and Nuendo
- VST 3 plug-in.
- Better pitch editing interface. Split and join pitch groups.
What's New In Release [V1.1.0 (15)]
- Scale controls for Pitch and Energy. Audio Y scale is now part of the same control group.
- Semitone pitch grid display.
- You can save a session as the default session template. This allows you to have the same track names, timecode settings and Rewire offsets for every new session.
What's New In Release [V1.1.0 (14)]
- Block to prevent capturing the same region more than once in the ReVoice Link modules.
- Warning if mutiple audio regions overlap in a track.
What's New In Release [V1.1.0 (12)]
- Energy displays can now be scaled.
- Mute and Sole control playback
- 1 -0 - Toggles Mute
1 - 0 + Ctrl - Toggles Solo
0 - 0 + Alt - Exclusive Toggle Solo
- A, E, G in APT puts appropriate tracks into solo.
- Layer enable/disable in track info menu not triggered by layer display button.
- APT Pitch group - unselected colours changed
What's New In Release [V1.1.0 (11)]
- Pitch editing display has a semitone grid,and user control of scaling and refined pitch and time editing controls.
* Can only manually edit pitch in an APT output track.
* To edit pitch, in APT Control Panel, "Pitch" must be enabled and "Pitch Grid" in Display/Edit section should be enabled.
* Best to use with expanded track display using Track Zoom (up/down arrow icon) in Track control Panel at left.
* New pitch display controls at right: Pitch range display can be zoomed by clicking blue up/down arrow in selected track and using slider that appears. * Vertical Slider in track at right of pitch display can be used to scroll the "floating" pitch display up and down to best see the pitch blocks on top of the waveform display.
- Waveform scaling control moved. (now in top Right corner of RP window.)
- Track Layers mode can be enable (using icon switch) or disabled (using right click in Track Control area) on each track. Advanced operations.
What's New In Release [V1.1.0 (10)]
- Track name set from first file dragged into track.
What's New In Release [V1.1.0 (9)]
- Alt drag - is now Alt + Shift drag
- Includes Audio Unit plug-in - can be used to capture audio within Logic and other Audio Unit hosts.
- Audio can be duplicated by dragging between tracks with the alt key pressed.
- Processes can be duplicated by dragging with the alt key pressed.
- Processes can be moved between tracks.
- Manually timing adjustment of APT output.
- Pitch of APT output automatically grouped into notes.
- Audio Layering - Audio can be arranged into layers.
- Channel Display - Allows display of single channel in a multi channel file.
- Crash in Pro Tools fixed.
What's New Since Last Release [V1.0.0 (69)]
- Auto Rendering of Processes will occur (if required) on Playback start (space bar)
- Render (Run processes) keyboard command has been changed to CMD R (no longer R). Still can click onscreen Render control. Pressing Spacebar will Render before playback as described above.
- New Zoom Time Scale Key controls on single keys:
T = Zoom in, R = Zoom out
- Clear All Tracks – added to Tracks menu. (Allows emptying and reusing complex track layouts)
- Copy and create New Track by dragging Track control panel with ALT key held down. This will Duplicate Track’s Settings and Name at the drop location, adding increment to numbering. No track audio or processes will be copied.
- Selected audio background colour changes when audio selected (Colour can be adjusted in preferences).
- Undo – now available for most actions (including delete process, process parameter changes, Protected Regions, Waypoints, pitch contour changes, etc.)
- Playback Range
- Existing Playback Range Start or End can now be set to the Playhead position (in Playback Range “Right Click” context menu)
- Can now Double Click in Playback Range to position Playhead
- Shadow effect shows when creating a new Playback regions
- Fixed Jumps in display scrolling
- Mono and Stereo Doubler Process Names in Output Blocks are shortened to Dbl_M and Dbl_S
Processing Control Improvements
APT Processing Improvements
- Fixed “Relative” Pitch mode in Pitch dropdown menu (for transferring inflexion changes)
- Processing should deal more intelligently with starting and long digital silences
- Max Time Shift control added to APT with hard/soft shift limiting.
- New setting for Time Alignment drop-down – “Lowest flexibility”- should further restrict editing
- Improved error messages when cannot Align signals.
Manual Pitch Processing Control
- Output signal has adjustable time and pitch value groups.
- Can “rotate” pitch contours
Revoice Pro Link
Spot Function – More Audio Suite operation details understood
How to Send Feedback
Please send comments (positive and negative), and problem reports to:
In your report, please include the following information
- Your Name
- Your contact Email
- ReVoice Pro Beta version number
- Operating system version
- Audio Workstation
- Your comments or questions
New DAW Specific Information
- Pro Tools- Uses Audio Suite Revoice Pro Link
- Logic Pro- Uses NEW AU plug-in Revoice Pro Link
- Cubase or Nuendo- Uses NEW VST3 plug-in Revoice Pro Link
- Other DAWs- Can use AU or VST3 Link plug-ins if compatible
|WARNING - Bug in Pro Tools 10
Do NOT use BAR BEATS setting in versions of Pro Tools 10 before 10.2 if you capture audio through the Revoice Pro Link.
There is a Pro Tools bug that causes the captured audio to be transferred to the wrong time code in Revoice Pro.
This is fixed in Pro Tools 10.2