User Guide Information v3.3
Welcome to the VocALign Project (Standalone) User Guide. We hope you will find it helpful.
This section explains the technical specifications, main differences from previous versions, some conventions used in this Guide, and tells you how to contact us for support or anything else.
In this manual, ‘VocALign Project 3 Stand-Alone’ will be referred to simply as ‘VocALign Project’ or simply ‘VocALign’.
System requirements: MacOS X 10.6 and higher, or Windows 7 and later
Supported file formats:
- Wave or Broadcast WAVE and AIFF
- 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz sampling frequencies
- 16–24 bits per sample.
This version of VocALign Project 3 does not support Digidesign Pro Tools. If you require support for Pro Tools 7 or later you need to use VocALign Project 3 for Pro Tools (Audio Suite) or VocALign Pro 4 for Pro Tools (Audio Suite).
This version of VocALign Project 3 is compatible with any version of MOTU® Digital Performer that runs under Mac OS 10.6 and above.
Main differences from previous versions
There are some important differences in features and operation between this version of VocALign Project 3 and its predecessor stand-alone versions. In summary:
- VocALign now has three tracks (there is a new Aligned track).
- The only way to load audio into VocALign is using drag and drop.
- Save ‘session’ is available from File menu. Save audio using ‘Save’ on main display.
- Transient Guard is a new feature designed to improve the overall editing quality in areas where there are fast moving acoustic events in the time or frequency domain.
- The speaker icons act as monitoring switches and indicators for playback enabled/mute, but the key commands no longer start playback.
- The space bar controls play/stop and monitor switching can happen whilst playing.
- The red line over output indicates a change was made so re-rendering is required.
- Multitrack scrub is now available.
- An Undo function is available for certain operations.
- A playback range selector is now available.
Contact and Support Information
Synchro Arts Limited
Tel: +44 1372 811934
UK Tel: 01372 811934
13 Links Road
Trademarks and Notices
VocALign is a registered trademark of Synchro Arts Limited.
Pro Tools is a registered trademark of Avid Technology, Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
The VocALign algorithm is developed and sold under license from Wordfit Limited.
• Special thanks goes to our beta testers for their help and support.
• Thanks to Steve Cooke for providing the English voices in the demonstration audio.