- VocALign Project takes just seconds to automatically align two audio signals so that the timing of one matches the other
- Simple, intuitive operation
- Sophisticated pattern matching techniques
- Rejects guide track noise
- Work with different speakers, singers, words, instruments and sounds
- The aligned audio can be auditioned within VocALign Project
- Scrolling, scalable display allows instant visual confirmation of sync
- User interface allows adjustment of selected audio regions for processing
- User-adjustable processing presets ensure optimal performance
- Pitch of aligned audio is unchanged
"I use VocALign to tighten harmonies and doubled vocals, and frankly I couldn’t live without it. It would take days of strenuous tracking to get harmonies that tight."
"VocALign is a totally invaluable necessity for what I do. We do a lot of sitcoms: Seinfeld, Friends, Third Rock from the Sun, Cosby. We use VocALign on almenst every show we do. I can't live without it"."
How does VocALign Work?
VocALign works by applying varying amounts of time stretching or compression to one signal (called the ‘Dub’) to make its energy peaks and troughs align in time with a ‘Guide’ signal. It does this in three main steps as shown in the block diagram below.
- VocALign analyses the captured Guide and Dub audio signals using identical spectrum analysers to produce time-varying energy patterns.
- Then it uses advanced pattern recognition techniques to examine the energy patterns and determine the best way to ‘warp’ the time structure of the Dub signal so that its energy pattern is matched to that of the Guide. The time-warping path describes the best time-distortion of the Dub for matching to the Guide.
- The time-warping path is fed to an audio editing processor that time-compresses and expands the Dub audio to create the aligned version based on the path. It is this edited version of the Dub that is returned to the audio editing software for the desired use.
Note: In the above diagram, the spectrum analyser colours match those used in the VocALign screen for Guide and Dub audio signals and controls.
Compatibility with popular DAWs
A VocALign Project 3 license will let you run ALL versions of this software:
Audio Suite and AAX Plug-ins work with:
- Pro Tools 10 and lower: VocALign Project 3 - Audio Suite
- Pro Tools 11: VocALign Project 3 - AAX.