VocALign ARA2 For Logic Pro Available Now
We're extremely pleased to announce that new ARA2 versions of VocALign Project and VocALign Pro for Logic Pro 10.5.1 or later are now available on our download page. This means Logic Pro users can now align their vocals faster than ever in just a few mouse clicks.
What is ARA?
In case you missed it, ARA or Audio Random Access is a revolutionary audio plug-in extension that enables unprecedented instant communication between ARA-enabled plug-ins and DAWs.
Why is ARA useful?
The huge time-saving benefit for VocALign users is that real-time audio capture is no longer necessary as audio files can be instantly captured and returned to your DAW. With ARA2 in Logic, the workflow goes like this:
Please note that the above video shows operation with VocALign Pro, but the basic process is the same with VocALign Project, you just need to capture the vocals you want to align separately.
To summarise, your vocals are sent to VocALign by:
- First selecting the audio tracks in Logic.
- Then press <Play> followed quickly by <Stop> in Logic.
- Next select the Guide audio e.g. a lead vocal and press the Capture Guide button in VocALign.
- Lastly, select the Dub audio e.g. a backing vocal in Logic and press the Capture Dub button in VocALign.
The Dub audio will be instantly aligned to the Guide and automatically returned to Logic Pro X.
The whole process takes just a few seconds and what’s more, in VocALign Pro you can select, capture and align multiple dubs at the same time.
VocALign ARA2 functionality is already available in compatible VST3 DAWs like Cubase, Studio One, Reaper and Cakewalk by Bandlab.
Free 14-day demo versions are available and VocALign ARA2 for Logic is a free update for registered owners.
VocALign ARA AU Installation Procedure
Due to how Apple have chosen to implement ARA, there are currently a few extra steps necessary to install our ARA plug-ins in Logic:
- Install the ARA2 Audio Unit version of your VocALign product found on our download page
- Start Logic
- In Logic, open any project or create an empty one
- Add the basic (non-ARA) VocALign AU version as an insert to any track in the project, at this stage you will not see the VocALign ARA version(s)
- Quit Logic without saving
- Restart Logic. Logic should now recognize both the AU and ARA versions of the plug-in(s) and they should both appear in Logic’s plug-in manager. The ARA version of a plug-in has '(ARA)' appended to its name.
Before you start trying our VocALign ARA2 plugins for Logic, please make sure you read the instructions.
Most importantly remember to to press <Play> followed quickly by <Stop> in Logic Pro before clicking either <Capture Guide> or <Capture Guide> in VocALign. This is a requirement unique to Logic and it ensures that any ARA2 plugins are kept up to date with changes to your project.