macOS - Support for Apple Silicon
WIndows has the following fixes:
ARA support in Reaper 6.53
Protected Regions are not protecting pitch in Mode 2
Logic ARA - Time code offset is not sent to Revoice Pro
Protected Regions are not protecting pitch in Mode 2
Pro Tools - will only render 2 channels
Windows - APT - Protected areas missing from context menu
Window - APT - Dub Track Menu shows values but cannot be selected.
Logic ARA - Buffering Tasks - minimising CPU use.
Crash if Dub is before Guide and Smart Align is enabled
Logic AU Link Realtime - not spotting audio into correct location
Link module - uninitialised variable
Windows - ARA - Make Warp Region not displayed
Windows - Crash if you delete more than 10 tracks
Problems with Studio One 5.3
Logic ARA - Bounced audio only contains a short segment of the processed audio.
Windows - Empty Session select Scales - Crash
Crash if you tray and group multiple tracks using drag and Drop
Revoice Pro 4 Render Bug
Windows: Machine Activation does not work
First public release of 4.3
- macOS - Crash due to setting an invalid cursor after a processes deleted its displays
Windows - Crash when creating 20 processes over 20 tracks
* [RP4-267] - Big Sur - Display update problems
* [RP4-256] - Capturing audio simultaneously from 8 tracks in Logic Pro X yields inaccurate results
* [RP4-226] - macOS - Preference dialog colours moved in toolbar order
* [RP4-228] - New version notification
* [RP4-219] - Temporary File Location file path in Preferences is not fully visible - Fixed
* [RP4-225] - aif files do not contain timecode - Fixed
* [RP4-227] - Windows - When using ARA if a progress dialog box is displayed the UI can become locked. Fixed
* [RP4-222] - Warp - Selecting the left and right edges of notes is harder than in 4.1 - Fixed
* [RP4-203] - When editing level the reset command is not available. Fixed
* [RP4-191] - Help updated for 4.2 features
* [RP4-189] - Warp Pitch Limits not displayed
* [RP4-190] - Warp Process is not detecting pitch correctly
* [RP4-192] - Windows - Make Warp Region not displayed in context menu.
* [RP4-182] -Crash when creating or viewing a Warp Region on macOS 10.15.1 - Fixed
* [RP4-178] - Crashing when starting on macOS 10.9 and earlier
* [RP4-172] - Lockup when closing session containing temporary files
* [RP4-176] - Pro Tools:Null files returned when using Quick APT
* [RP4-165] - Warp slip controls default to on - should be off by default
* [RP4-170] - Formants not displayed in Warp Processes created before 4.2
* [RP4-156] - Formant automation not displayed
* [RP4-159] - APT Running Slow on macOS
* [RP4-160] - ARA Database Update Issue, Playhead with variable tempo
What's new in Revoice Pro 4.2
- Internal signal processing is now performed using 32 or 64 bit float values.
- Revoice Plug-ins will support audio with a levels greater than 0dB (If supported by the DAW)
- You can select to output file format. Now supports 64 bit float wave files.
- Faster operation with large sessions
- Tools have been redesigned to allow faster working.
- You can adjust the part of note used to calculate the average pitch
- You can slip the start and end of notes.
- Automatic Scale Detection, based on the pitch in your audio
- Formant shifting
- Bypass of processes audio (, key)
- Formant shifting
- New settings panel
* [RP4-96] - macOS:Cubase Pro 10.0.30 does not update ARA2 links accurately after removing an ARA2 Extension from a clip
* [RP4-60] - Windows: inaccurate response to the Arrow Up key
* [RP4-78] - Revoice Pro 4.1 causes Studio One 220.127.116.11729 to crash even if it is not used
* [RP4-97] - Windows: "Auto Split" Marker command not available
* [RP4-100] - Revoice Pro Link Audio Units plug-in causes noise in Digital Performer 10 when activated as mono
* [RP4-101] - macOS: Revoice Pro 18.104.22.168 crashed while moving audio clips
* [RP4-102] - macOS: Revoice Pro 22.214.171.124 crashed trying to rename a process
* [RP4-96] - Windows: Cubase Pro 10.0.30 does not update ARA2 links accurately after removing an ARA2 Extension from a clip
* [RP4-73] - macOS Crash when closing Session document
* [RP4-74] - RVP Link plug-in can cause a crash in Cubase Pro 10 when "Bouncing Selected" audio clips.
* [RP4-61] - Windows: Mouse pointer and function do not update across boundary between top audio track and Playback Range track
* [RP4-68] - Windows: Context menus missing & character
* [RP4-69] - Link button in Revoice Pro Link ARA2 interface window does not light up green in Cubase 10.0.30
- Automation not displayed after setting a preset - Fixed
- Sample overload detection and clipping added to AU and AAX plug-ins. This is needed if the user has used clip based gain on the audio, which pushed the level past +/- 1
- GroupColours - first two entries have the same colour code - Fixed
- ARA plug-in small memory leak. - Fixed
- Warp - when you select multiple notes the average value of the first note is drawn across the composite groups - Fixed
- AU plug-in shows string Vst 3 in UI - Fixed
- Windows installer not writing exe location registry key - Fixed
- Logic not finding our AU plug-in - will now find AU plug-in on first start
- macOS - Preference window min height increased to 492 to stop temporary file controls being hidden
- Windows - Windows settings not recalled for new document created from template.
- Update and corrections to manual for Cubase 10.0.30 and Nuendo 10.1.
- Erroneous tracks appear in Revoice Pro when loading a Song in Studio One and re-editing with Revoice Pro Link. Fixed
- macOS Spelling mistake in session settings panel.
- macOS Crash closing New Process window - Fixed
- Extra process output track is created. - Fixed
- Chnage to menual Menu DAW Integrartion now How to Work with You DAW
- Updates to quick start
- ARA fixes for Cakewalk
What's new in Revoice Pro 4.1
- Automatic track creation for process outputs
- Automatic track creation and selection
- Bar beat information from DAWs
- Track name and colours taken from host
- Play head synchronisation
- Support Rendering of complex sessions
Supported ARA2 DAWs
- Studio One
- Cakewalk by Bandlab
- Bar beat position offset support
- Shortcut keys to:
- Create warp (W - when audio is selected)
- Select and correct all notes (Alt + W when pitch is selected)
- Smooth join between all notes (Shift + Alt + W when pitch is selected)
- Correct selected notes (W when pitch is selected)
- Clearer display of the note pitch
- Pitch display improvements
- Improvements to Vibrato warp point display and control.
Process Groups (APT)
- Create multiple processes in a group
- Adjusting one grouped parameter updates all processes
- Play Guide, Dub and Aligned options for all group members
New Short Cuts keys
Vertical scaling and scrolling
- Level Transfer Strength automation
- Music mode Fit and Tuning Strength automation
- Instructions and tutorial sessions accessible from within Revoice Pro
- Audio master output clipping indicator on time axis.
- Refinements to the look and feel
- Make Group from Soloed tracks.
- Many bug fixes!
- ARA Windows - If you has a session template set when the ARA plug-in creates a document the ARA plug-in will not see the new document.
- Background processing aborted by ARA plug-ins.
- Pitch grid colours are wrong if you create a scale.
- Windows - If windows screen display scale is not 100 % pitch grid label are displayed too small.
- Windows - pitch grid text weight increased.
- Current Keyboard short cuts set not being remembered on macOS. Fixed
- Warp Process - Move Vibrato Points - crash or bad data if you undo a warp point move then, move the point again. Fixed
- Windows - Studio One ARA - plug-in not working if the Studio One audio driver keeps resetting.
- Warp - editing note - transition zones are jumping on Y axis caused because of Anchor on note pitch center - Fixed
- ARA Assign new ID to RVP session on saving. Helps stop two or more sessions having the same ID
- Make sure DAW can link to projects that have been loaded (or created ) by the host DAW
- Improve mapping of tracks between RVP and host DAW by using IDs rather than track indices. Allows tracks in RVP to be moved or deleted without confusing (destroying) the mapping.
- Deleted tracks handled better in RVP
- Pyramix - crash with Revoice Pro monitor - Fixed
- Studio One Copy/Paste
Add to Studio One
Copy / paste to quick APT
Resulting return files does not have .wav at end and cannot be pasted into Studio One.
ARA – Studio One/Reaper
- When linking warp regions the link plug-in never synchronize and creates many many files...
Allow deletion and addition to process inputs.
- Win32 Installer
- Windows - VST plug-in start button missing - Fixed
- macOS - Crash when using Japanese/Chinese keyboard - Fixed
This is a detailed list of the changes in Revoice Pro 4 from Revoice Pro 3.3
Minimum Operating system
- maxOS 10.7
- Windows 7
- ARA 2 support in VST plug-ins. Works with Studio One 4 and Reaper
- Plug-ins can start the Revoice Pro application. (All except Audiosuite in Pro Tools 10 and earlier)
- If you have more that 2000 ARA plug-ins an a DAW, Revoice Pro may run out of file handles. (No yet fixed)
- Adding ARA plug-in to a track in Reaper while playing, plug-in is not fully initialized until you stop playing in Reaper. (Not yet resolved)
- Modified colours for pop-up sliders and playback areas
- Modified Revoice Pro logo on main screen and plug-ins
- Flat Line Audio mode - If you zoom out on Y scale at the last position the audio is replaced with a line.
Process Control Panels
- Default values displayed on control sliders. Pressing the Alt key with the mouse presses sets the default value.
- Recently Used Presets
Pitch & Level Display
- Cursor not changing if the track is locked. Fixed
- Initial Pitch and level values displayed in Warp and APT
- Pencil Tool - After drawing note average value is recalculated
- Transitions between notes are now draw as continuous lines
- When editing note pitch as you drag below C the wrong octave is displayed. Fixed.
- Pitch Grid - faster drawing of the labels.
- macOS - Gestures - pitch zoom sensitivity reduced by factor of 4
- Don’t draw initial pitch & level values if X zoom is less that 0.0002 - this is to keep the drawing speed up.
- Original pitch traces now not draw connecting lines between groups.
- Faster pitch/level adio drawing.
macOS - Preferences Window
- Defaults to a size which is large enough to show the temporary file locations controls.
- Faster Save & loading of sessions. Revoice Pro 4 sessions are not backward compatible with Revoice Pro 3. (Verison 4 will open verison 3 sessions.)
- If version 3 has an untitled document opened, then start V 4 - the auto restore code loads the untitled version 3 document. If we try and lock the document we get an exception. Fixed
Studio One 3.5
- Changes in Studio One 3.5 copy & paste causes errors - Fixed.
- Support for layers in Studio One 3.5.1 (In copy and paste)
- Studio One Copy/Paster - undo bug fix
Studio One 4 ARA2
- Studio One ARA - use pencil tool - track updates while still drawing may cause flash from ExportAudio progress dialogue box. Fixed
- Studio One ARA - use strip silence on audio region - our sync processes repeatedly updates tracks. - Fixed
Logic Pro X
- Crash in Logic caused by Revoice Pro Link fixed
- Rare problem with link modules in Pro Tools not connecting to Revoice Pro - fixed.
Tracks & Groups
- Shift click on Show Processes in Track Info applies to all tracks.
- Track Info - you can now change the width of this area
- Group Area - you can now change the width of this area
- Drag and drop importing of word timing files created by https://www.speechmatics.com
- Marker area - New Word from selected Playback Range
- Alt key + vertical scroll wheel will zoom the horizontal axis. (Works well with track balls)
- One or more tracks can now be selected using the mouse and the cmd and shift keys
- Delete multiple selected tracks.
- When in Single track display mode, you can switch between tracks using Shirt + down arrow and shift + up arrow
- u key - Display only selected tracks. Of one track is selected show in full height mode. If press with only selected tracks displays switch back to showing all tracks.
- Reduce height of words and process input bars when track height are small.(Process Settings and lock buttons removed at small heights.)
- New track name dialogue wider text
- Exclusive solo selected track - does not seem to be exclusive. Fixed
- Auto size track heights switch off at 5% of space per track was 10%.
- Y Scale control - Set Automatically option added - this set the Y scale automatically. If you select one of the other values it is fixed and has to be manually changed.
- Y Axis view areas Time & Pitch label not drawn across two lines - pitch is truncated. Fixed
- Context menu on track group area to show management panel. Panel can be resized.
- Drag and drop tracks to Track groups window to create or add to groups.
- Crash when creating groups if Process Create panel is displayed. Fixed.
- Save Copy In added to file menu, saves a copy of the session and collects all audio files into one folder.
- Link to DAW page in Revoice Pro help menu
- New help system, a pdf version of the help is now available.
- Change pitch limit - undo - then re-do caused crash. Fixed
- Edit notes using warp process, change the level, undo the level change, edits are lost. (Need to store latest editing points when applying level change.) Fixed
- Reset Tool in warp context menu. (Reset Selected Values removed from Modified Values)
- Pitch limits can now be changed part way though a warp process.
- Pitch Limits - If you join pitch limit zones a warning is displayed about edit loss.
- Display New Process - pressing space key causes Crash in warp process Fixed.
- Warp and APT Copy pitch profile - not working - Fixed
- Warp Process - Edit notes just using arrow keys
Left / right moves between notes
Shift + left/right extends the selection
Up / down moves 1 cent
Shift Up / Down 10 cents
Alt Up / Down 1 Semi tone
/ play selected notes
- Delete warp point under mouse (Shift Alt D)
- Add warp point at mouse as a keyboard shortcut (Shift Alt A)
- Warp Process - Changed anchor for note edge when editing, allows note envelope height to be changed without moving the pitch centre. Anchor on pitch centre is now the default.
- Correct Pitch tool controls being displayed with left side off screen - fixed
- Vibrato Warp Points
- Fixed Warp Points
- Warp point speed ramps
- Erratic behaviours when moving notes and level blocks fixed.
- Copy audio when warp process selected - paste back into RVP causes crash. Fixed
- Position of Pitch label modified - now defaults to top centre.
- Pitch correction window, losses blue border if you change the pitch threshold in the setting panel. Fixed
- Correct pitch background colour and frame changed.
- APT Tolerance automation curve shows % now in mS
- APT - Pitch offset now in cents +/- 1200 rather than +/1 50% (Which was .5 to 1.5 * frequency)
- APT Music Mode - separates the long term average of the note from the short term variation of the pitch. This allows the performance to be tuned without effecting the dub characteristics.
- APT Music Mode - pitch is segmented using the same method as the warp process.
- APT Music Mode - pitch correction to grid added to pitch output.
- APT Guide pitch displayed in Dub track (in red)
- Waypoints removed from APT
- Guide / Dub energy display new design
- APT View controls in right properties panel - settings effect all processes. Display and editor controls removed from process settings panel.
- Preset tool tip - display Preset at the start of the name - Fixed
- Dub pitch sibilance colour is confused with guide pitch - Fixed
- X Fade added to protected area display when protecting pitch.
- User edits lost in the output of an APT if the guide or dub tracks use a Warp process when the session is loaded from a file. Fixed
- APT crash if protected area outside process limits
- New presets for APT music mode
- When Analyser display is selected - cannot change scale - Fixed
- ctrl+shift+y creates playback range from selected audio and plays from start of area
- ctrl+y creates playback range from selected audio
- Play from current position into play area, on space key. Shift space is the old action.
- Faster start of playback after you change a processing parameter.
- If playing - try zooming using alt key + scroll wheel - audio keeps jumping back to start location. Fixed
- Keyboard shortcuts can now be modified
- Commands to Sole - Exclusive Solo and Mute selected tracks (Commands not assigned to a key stroke.)
- Copy audio from Revoice, paste back into Revoice crash. Fixed
- Windows - Delete track - then undo delete caused error - Fixed
- Crash when running OS X 10.8 or earlier. Fixed
- Audio display not working when zoomed into waveform Fixed
- Graphic update speed problem found on Retina screens now fixed - Drawing is much faster.
- Volume process bug fixes
- Support for iLok Cloud
- No longer supports iLok 1